Friday, June 24, 2011

Lola meets Gladys


I wonder how often we stop to think about how we each impact other people’s lives unknowingly.  As we move about our daily do dees (lenaism for "I gotta go do dees things today") we cross paths with strangers, or even not so strangers and our response or lack of effects them either positively or negatively.  I would like to encourage all of us to make it a choice with action behind it to strive to make these impacts positive.  We never know where someone has come from, how they are feeling or what weights they might be bearing.  I was reminded of this today when I was over at my friend Gladys’ Blog. She shared the story of the day we had met.  Go on over and read it, I’ll wait here for ya.  Her Name Was Lola...She Was A Showgirl  (btw I’m Lola J) The day Gladys came to me to get her hair done I had no way of knowing that her life was not going as beautifully as she carried herself.  What I did know was that our paths cross with people all the time.  Each time offers us the opportunity to treat someone in a positive and loving way and so impact them accordingly.  I’m so grateful that I made the choice to follow what I felt led to do and treat her as if she were the friend she has become today.  The world is round and what we put out does come back to us, usually in ways that we didn’t see coming.  When I made the choice to be kind and loving to my new client I had no way of knowing that one day I would be fortunate enough to call her my friend.  What a wonderful benefit for sharing something so simple – kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment